3-Cell Circular Reference

Jambo11

Is there anyway to create a circular reference between three cells, and still enter text freely into any of the cells?

I've speculated that it might be possible by utilizing three or more other cells slaved to the first three, and simply kept off to the side.

To give a better understanding of what I'm trying to do, I've created a finance spreadsheet for our shop's snack bar, and below is a screenshot of a portion of said spreadsheet.

snackbarfinances_001-1-1.jpg

As you can see, all of the formulas are set up to where Columns F, G, and H are directly affected by what I put in Column E, but I don’t want to be limited to just Column E; I want the other users and I to have more freedom than that.

Once again, my goal is to set up a 3-cell circular reference in which data can be typed into any one of them. I’ve considered setting up a macro, but those are only active temporarily, and I would prefer the calculations to be made in real-time.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Well, the more I learn about Excel, the more I want to learn. With that being said, I'm at the point where I want to learn more and more about VBA. So, despite what I said initially, would there be any way to create a 3-cell circular reference using VBA?

Needless to say, having messed around with the forms and ActiveX controls for a bit, I get the feeling that text boxes would be useful in this endeavor.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daynle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back