3 Columns of data and need to match all three

Nei

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Stuck on this one. I have 3 Columns of data and need to match all three columns and insert a row in the missing data in each row, if teh user didn't complete one of the items.

TR Person E-mail Completed trainingPerson E-mail HT Training completedHT Assessments completed
email1email2email1
email2email4email2

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
I am afraid your question is a bit lacking in details, and confusing to us.
What exactly are you matching to? When matching data, there are two data ranges.

I think it would be helpful if you show us a more robust example, where you show us the two data ranges you are comparing and your expected results.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0
Joe,

Sorry, I am trying to sort on Column "A" and need "B" & "C" to match by row to column "A".

Upvote 0
Joe,

Sorry, I am trying to sort on Column "A" and need "B" & "C" to match by row to column "A".
Still not very clear. Rememeber, while you are very familiar with your sheet structure and what you want to accomplish, we are not.
We only know what you share here with us, so please include all important details!

As I asked for in my previous post, please post an actual example, showing us a sample of the data you are working with AND your expected result (based on that sample).

Upvote 0
Hello Joe,

Hope this helps, need to match the 3-mails in a single row - match column A. Rows B & C do not match Row A, and can be in different order.

Book1.xlsx
ABCD
1TR CompletionHT Training Completed HT Assessments
2Email1.comEmail1.comEmail1.comPeferred - match all 3 same e-mails in all three columns
3Email2.comEmail2.comEmail3.comMissing one in Cell C3
4Email3.comEmail5.comMissing one in Cell B4 &C4 > not a match
5Email4.comEmail4.comMissing one in Cell C3
6Email5.comEmail5.com
7Email6.com
8Email7.com
9Email8.comEmail4.com
10Email6.com
Sheet1

Upvote 0
I cannot say that I understand what you are after.
Can you show us a BEFORE and AFTER picture, i.e. the BEFORE picture is an example of the data to start, and the AFTER picture is what you want it to look like after the VBA code runs.

Upvote 0
I cannot say that I understand what you are after.
Can you show us a BEFORE and AFTER picture, i.e. the BEFORE picture is an example of the data to start, and the AFTER picture is what you want it to look like after the VBA code runs.
Sorry, I can't that is data I can not share. The e-mail respresent a normal e-mail address in this image.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I can't that is data I can not share. The e-mail respresent a normal e-mail address in this image.
It doesn't have to be real data! It can look like what you have already posted.
I just want to see the BEFORE/AFTER comparison, so we can clearly see what you are after.

As the old saying goes "a pictures says a thousand words".
Showing examples is often very helpful when people have a hard time explaning what they need.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back