Access 2007 To 2010 - Can't See Datasources In Excel, Office 2010

djcox100

Hi,

I recently had an Access database in Access 2007 format. I use an Excel spreadsheet connected to queries in the database to do pivots etc. I recently updated the database to Access 2010 SP2 format.

Now if I try to connect an Excel workbook to a query in the database, I can't see any queries or tables in the "Select Tables" window that appears after selecting the database.

Does anyone know why I would have this problem? I can't find anything on-line....

Thanks in advance....

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
When I upgraded to 2010 the object library references had to be updated. I think SQL queries in Excel require a specific library reference that is maybe broken or else not updated for the new Access version.

In the VBA editor while in your code, go to Tools, References and see if any of the references have an error. I think you need the most recent version of the Microsoft Active X Data Objects Library to run queries against Access, so make sure that is checked, and also be sure to uncheck any that have an error or where the library can't be found. I would check this for both Excel and Access if you have code in the database.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSBerry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back