Access 2010 How to show records as columns in report?

VorLag

Board Regular
The way I have my database set up, records are saved under a specific reporting date since that will never be duplicated. So, I have a field "Report Month" that I want to use in the report created by Access.

I would like the columns to be these report months so that I can do a quick comparison month-to-month and have it easier to see.

I also have a bunch of different fields in the various tables, so it'd be easier to have the report month be the column. How can I do this? I haven't been able to find any good resources, but it seems like it is possible.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
How do I set the fields to be the row lable AND value? I tried to set up a crosstab query, the only problem being that I almost want to completely transpose the fields I'm pulling into the query that will feed the report. I'm just not familiar with crosstab queries. Thank you for the tip!

Upvote 0
Have two columns in the query for the field you wish to show in the column headings and as records.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back