ActiveX ComboBox Strange Behaviour

Riccardo S

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I've recently encountered some strange behaviour while using an embedded active-x combo box on a worksheet, i hope someone can shed some light on. I've basically got a worksheet with 3 embedded activex combo boxes which are used as quick filters for a table. The filters are controlled through vba routines and all function correctly with respect to populating, item selection and filtering the intended table. The issue is that all of a sudden when the down arrow of any of the 3 combo boxes are clicked, the whole combo box is duplicated (but still works). As soon was the worksheet takes back focus the duplicate is removed and everything looks as it should again. I began building this workbook using Excel 2010 and never had this issue but the company i work for upgraded to 2016 so I redid the entire workbook under 2016.
1.png
2.png
3.png

Image Index
  1. ActiveX combo boxes before being clicked
  2. 1st combo box clicked
  3. 2nd combo box clicked

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Just a quick update for anyone reading, the issue seems to be tied in someway to the grouping feature within 'Picture Tools'. In previous Excel versions I had to group objects to stop them shrinking over time, this happened even though the individual objects were set to not move or resize with cells. To counter this I found grouping them and applying the same setting (do not move or resize with cells) worked correctly so I do that now as standard, as I have here. I've found ungrouping the objects seems to stop this strange affect although more testing is required to see if the old issue of shrinking over time is still a thing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back