ActiveX Format Control - multiple cell link?

Newport Count

Hi there,

I have an ActiveX control in a worksheet that acts as a scroll bar which enables users to click through different month's worth of data in a dashboard.

I just wanted to know if it is possible to have more than one cell in the 'Cell link' field, ideally a cell in a different tab. I've tried to enter this in a few different formats but just get a formula error each time.

For info, the cell it links to is a number which then provides the figure for a look up in a field next to the scroll bar that displays the month name.

Cheers,
Rich

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I don't think it is possible to have more than one cell linked in the control itself but my workaround on this (which hopefully may help someone else) was to reference the same cell but using two different scroll bars on each tab in the spreadsheet. Each time a scrollbar is clicked, the other tab also updates at the same time, therefore enabling two different dashboards to be displayed with the same month on two different tabs.

PS - i havent been working on this sine last November lol

Cheers,
Rich

Upvote 0
Well maybe your situation doesn't allow for this, but have you tried something like this:

If the Control's Cell Link is A1 on Sheet 1, Place - "=Sheet1!A1" into a cell on Sheet 2.

There are some fairly obvious limitations with this method, but maybe it will work for you?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding - I did try that initially but then this was overriden by clicking the scroll bar on that tab, which then didn't update the other tab! So they were acting independently of each other.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh, I didn't read the dates on the post. For some reason I thought you had just asked how to solve it.... My B :)

Edit: I only just realized that you answered your own question (oops)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back