Add 7 Rows and Three Columns from Sheet Values to Listbox

Hmerman

Board Regular
Hello,
I have a Listbox which in the Properties window I have Set ColumnCount to 3; ColumnHeads to 0; and ColumnWidth to 100 pt; 100 pt; 100 pt.

I want to populate the Listbox with Sheet3 Values from Cells(6, 14)-Cells(11, 14) to Listbox Column 0 and for Listbox Column 1 and 2 from two contiguous columns on Sheet3 to the left i.e. 15 and 16.

My code gets an error '381' on populating of the Listbox: "Could not set Listbox Property. Invalild array index."

My code:
Code:
z = 0

' Add Headings
        If (lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount = 0) Then
            lbSundrVerdelUI.AddItem
            lbSundrVerdelUI.List(z, 0) = "Cultivar"
            lbSundrVerdelUI.List(z, 1) = "S no. For Waybill"
            lbSundrVerdelUI.List(z, 2) = "S no. Waybill for Farm" & cbPlFarm.Value
            z = z + 1
        End If

If cbPlFarm.Value = "FarmX" Then

lbSundrVerdelUI.AddItem
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 1, 0) = Sheet3.Cells(6, 14).Value
      lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 1, 1) = Sheet3.Cells(6, 15).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 1, 2) = Sheet3.Cells(6, 16).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 2, 0) = Sheet3.Cells(7, 14).Value
      lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 2, 1) = Sheet3.Cells(7, 15).Value
    lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 2, 2) = Sheet3.Cells(7, 16).Value
     [COLOR=#ffff00]l[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000]bSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 3, 0) = Sheet3.Cells(8, 14).Value[/COLOR]
    bSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 3, 1) = Sheet3.Cells(8, 15).Value
     lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 3, 2) = Sheet3.Cells(8, 16).Value
      lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 4, 0) = Sheet3.Cells(9, 14).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 4, 1) = Sheet3.Cells(9, 15).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 4, 2) = Sheet3.Cells(9, 16).Value
        lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 5, 0) = Sheet3.Cells(10, 14).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 5, 1) = Sheet3.Cells(10, 15).Value
        lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 5, 2) = Sheet3.Cells(10, 16).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 6, 0) = Sheet3.Cells(11, 14).Value
       lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 6, 1) = Sheet3.Cells(11, 15).Value
        lbSundrVerdelUI.List(lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount - 6, 2) = Sheet3.Cells(11, 16).Value
   End If

The error occurs on the line with red.

Can you please assist?

Regards,

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Could it be a typo on that line (and the next one), appears you're missing the first letter

Using Option Explicit may be a good idea

Upvote 0
Good eye, thanks. The typo is only on the code I typed here though, not in my workbook. Sorry.

Using Option Explicit may be a good idea
I am using Option Explicit
Code:
Dim z as Long
was omitted. Sorry once again.

Can you spot anything else that is wrong with my code?

Upvote 0
Reason your code errors at the red line is that the listcount is 2 and you're subtracting 3.
Put this between the lines you're trying to add and see what you actually have at that point.
Code:
MsgBox "Current ListCount is " & lbSundrVerdelUI.ListCount

If you're trying to load the list box with the rows in same order as on the sheet,
I'd put the headings as labels above the listbox and use
Code:
    If cbPlFarm.Value = "FarmX" Then
        lbSundrVerdelUI.List = Sheet3.Range(Cells(6, 14), Cells(11, 16)).Value
    End If
Here's a link you might be interested in
http://www.snb-vba.eu/VBA_Fill_combobox_listbox_en.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Perdi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back