Platform
  1. Windows
Hi i am working on an app that would be used for creating work orders

sometimes we have clients that have 1, 2, 3, 15 equipments for us to maintain

how can i tell access to create the amount of fields needed

i need the following

Manufacturer / model / KVA / S/N / Cabienets / Localasation

like i said some clients may have 2 or up to 25

on a form i would like to have a textbox that asks how many piesces of equipment to service

then it would create to needeed amount of lines to input all the infos

thank you

The graphic I provided was intended to give you some idea of the tables involved in workorder processing. Your business may differ and some table(s) and relationship(s) may not apply. You may need addition tables and relationships to reflect your business processes.

You should build a data model of your business so that you can test and vet the model with some sample data and ensure that the model supports your business and related transactions. See stump the model for some ideas.

From an Access view you should not use names that have embedded spaces. Test your model - it will become the blueprint for your tables and relationships.
Good luck.
thanks for your help i really appreciate it

do not worry there is no spaces in my table names

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
Hi Me again :(

i now have a form that collects data from 3 tables and i would like to open a new form with all the infos from that form

how do i proceed ? i tried so many things and nothing works

Upvote 0
Hi Me again :(

i now have a form that collects data from 3 tables and i would like to open a new form with all the infos from that form

how do i proceed ? i tried so many things and nothing works
You can only use Tables and Queries for the Control/Data source of Forms and Reports.

If you have multiple Tables that you want to pull from, and they cannot be combined into a single query, then you may want to investigate using "Subforms", where you create three separate Forms, and drop them into one larger Form.
See: Create a form that contains a subform (a one-to-many form)

There are also tons of articles, tutorials, and videos that you can find on Subforms with simple Google and YouTube searches.

Upvote 0
You can only use Tables and Queries for the Control/Data source of Forms and Reports.
I take that to mean tables and stored queries (i.e. what you can see in the navigation pane) which would make that statement not quite true. You can use sql statements as form and report recordsources and for controls themselves (e.g. combos, although technically that would be a row source, not a record source).

The issue I see with the request is that often, queries based on multiple tables are often not editable, which would make such a form only useful for viewing records, not adding or editing. The typical approach is a main form with subform(s) related to the main form as stated. Two subforms on a main form might introduce a problem if you want to nest one sub into another and still maintain a link between all 3 forms, but that can be overcome.

Then again, I don't see why anyone would want to duplicate this if they already have it.

Upvote 0
I take that to mean tables and stored queries (i.e. what you can see in the navigation pane) which would make that statement not quite true. You can use sql statements as form and report recordsources and for controls themselves (e.g. combos, although technically that would be a row source, not a record source).
Very true, I forgot that you could use SQL code directly in there (though I doubt noobs would be doing that, and technically, that SQL code would be considered a "query" or "view").

I agree that Subforms are probably the way to go (and included a link with information on Subforms).

Upvote 0
here is what i am doing

i have a table for clients, a table for location (as many clients will have multiple addresses) and a table for equipement

then i take all those and i make a form for the tech dispatch which will give him all that info + have a form with questions and things to fill up

i hope this makes things clearer

Upvote 0
here is what i am doing

i have a table for clients, a table for location (as many clients will have multiple addresses) and a table for equipement

then i take all those and i make a form for the tech dispatch which will give him all that info + have a form with questions and things to fill up

i hope this makes things clearer
I think you need to use Subforms, specifically the approach that Micron suggested here:
The typical approach is a main form with subform(s) related to the main form as stated. Two subforms on a main form might introduce a problem if you want to nest one sub into another and still maintain a link between all 3 forms, but that can be overcome.

Your "Client" form would be your Main form, and your "Location" and "Equipment" forms would be subforms that you put into the Main form and link on a Client Code (which should be common to all three tables).

Upvote 0
"Form" could mean a paper form? Still not seeing why you need another form to show what you already have. Maybe you need a report?

Upvote 0
"Form" could mean a paper form? Still not seeing why you need another form to show what you already have. Maybe you need a report?
maybe it is report :(

i have a form that inputs the client name,address and equipment and then add lists of questions actions to take that tech needs to fill out/answer

Upvote 0
Sounds like you need a printed report, complete with blank lines/columns for someone to fill in stuff.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back