Add only cells with number value

mactoolsix

Board Regular
I have 10 columns AC thru AL. Some of these cells contain a formula returning blank "" and some contain numbers.
I need to add up only columns AC, AD, AK & AL when those cells contain a number - I need to skip if they are blank "" cells.

Simply adding AC+AD+AK+AL returns an error as some are "" blank cells.
If I use IFERROR then nothing is added as there is always a couple of "" blank cells.

Attempted to use SUMIF(AC+AD+AK+AL,"<>",AC+AD+AK+AL), however it returns a #VALUE ! error.

Would appreciate any help . . .
Mike

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
SUM returns a [URL=https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=VALUE]#VALUE [/URL] ! error as some of the cells may contain a blank "" formula.
That is not the reason you are getting the #VALUE ! error... truly empty cells as well as cells containing text or formulas returning text (including "") are ignored by the SUM function. Are any of the cells in you ranges displaying a #VALUE ! error? If not, are you attempting to add 0 to your ranges inside the SUM function (doing that would make a cell return a #VALUE ! error as you cannot add a number to non-numerical text)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Healthydogs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back