Add recurring event to Excel calendar spreadsheet

Silha

Hello all,

I'm wondering if someone can help.

I am creating an employee work register to record working days and hours both in the office and remotely. I am doing this using Excel, where one spreadsheet represents one month and each cell represents a day per person. I want to enter everyone's working hours for the first week of the first month and then use a formula or another feature to replicate that pattern across the entire month/year, i.e. add a recurring event.

At the moment, I have twelve worksheets in a workbook for each month and each worksheet looks like this:

DAY | DAY | DAY >> (all the way to the end of the month)
NAME
NAME
NAME
NAME
NAME

Any thoughts??

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
plenty of thoughts, but it is not very clear what you want. As i understand it you want to fill the month with formulas that set the expected working hours for each employee based on the first week. (what if the first week is only a few days?

Is it not easier to setup a number of shift patterns and then have next to each employee wich shift pattern he/she uses and then have the formulas check wich day it is and whcih pattern shouldd be used. See for instance:
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...auto-populate-according-work-schedule-id.html

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JazzSingerNL

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back