Adding Blank Cell Logic to Existing Formula

meppwc

The formula below that is in W247 works correctly. You will notice if the lookup finds a value (the secondary VLOOKUP logis), that the formula returns the value in column 9.
But if the value for column 9 is blank, then I want blank returned.
Currently Excel is populating the value of "1/0/00"
I am struggling with fitting an ISBLANK condition into this formula.
Can someone please assist?

=IF(D247<>"",D247,IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(O247,'G-Block CMO-FMO and IP Ranges '!$A$61:$I$400,7,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(O247,'G-Block CMO-FMO and IP Ranges '!$A$61:$I$400,9,FALSE)))

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Aryatect

Hi, this is returning value 0 for you and it is in date format m/d/yy.

If you want to change that then without going into too much modification this should work:

Code:
=IF(D247<>"",D247,IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(O247,'G-Block CMO-FMO and IP Ranges'!$A$61:$I$400,7,FALSE)),"",IF(VLOOKUP(O247,'G-Block CMO-FMO and IP Ranges'!$A$61:$I$400,9,FALSE)=0,"",VLOOKUP(O247,'G-Block CMO-FMO and IP Ranges'!$A$61:$I$400,9,FALSE))))

Last edited:

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
The formula below that is in W247 works correctly. You will notice if the lookup finds a value (the secondary VLOOKUP logis), that the formula returns the value in column 9.
But if the value for column 9 is blank, then I want blank returned.
Currently Excel is populating the value of "1/0/00"
I am struggling with fitting an ISBLANK condition into this formula.
Can someone please assist?

Apparently you have a date format in the cell.
Change the format of the cell to:

dd/mm/aaaa;;"";@

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...stand-settings-in-the-format-cells-dialog-box

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
it is correct must be yyyy then

dd/mm/yyyy;;"";@

meppwc

Thank you all for the assistance.........DanteAmor.........dd/mm/aaaa;;"";@ worked perfectly. It really "cleaned" things up.

DanteAmor

Office Version
Platform
Windows
Thank you all for the assistance.........DanteAmor.........dd/mm/aaaa;;"";@ worked perfectly. It really "cleaned" things up.
I'm glad to help you. Thanks for the feedback.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDAL

This Week's Hot Topics

• Timer in VBA - Stop, Start, Pause and Reset
    [CODE=vba][/CODE] Option Explicit Dim CmdStop As Boolean Dim Paused As Boolean Dim Start Dim TimerValue As Date Dim pausedTime As Date Sub...
  • how to updates multiple rows in muliselect listbox
    Hello everyone. I need help with below code. code is only chaning 1st row in mulitiselect list box. i know issue with code...
  • Delete Row from Table
    I am trying to delete a row from a table using VBA using a named range to find what I need to delete. My Range is finding the right cell. In the...
  • Assigning to a variable
    I have a for each block where I want to assign the value in column 5 of the found row to the variable Serv. [CODE=vba] For Each ws In...
  • Way to verify information
    Hi All, I don't know what to call this formula, and therefore can't search. I have a spreadsheet with information I want to reference...
  • Active Cell Address – Inactive Sheet
    How to use VBA to get the cell address of the active cell in an inactive worksheet and then place that cell address in a location on the current...