Adding commands to QA toolbar in 2019?

welshgasman

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

Just bit the bullet and installed Offfice 2019 in place of 2007.
I have found out how to add commands to the QA toolbar in Excel, however a good few are not presented, so as to be able to add them?
I have a Personal.xlsb with commands I can use anywhere. One is a macro called BackupFile which will back up the current workbook.

However that is not shown?, Yet some are available and I have added to the QA as you can see.
How do I get to find the 'missing' macroes please?

TIA

1712248257141.png

1712248391661.png

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
No idea where your procedures are, so maybe what you're looking for is out of scope? Unless they are declared as Public, they are Private (IIRC). Or the one you don't see in the list is not in a standard module? Just shooting out possibilities here.

Upvote 0
Hi Micron,
None are declared Public, just start with Sub. Those that are displayed are exactly the same. :mad:

I have now asked at Microsoft Community as was not getting any response here, which is unusual I must admit.

Upvote 0
Hi, you can't add macros that have input parameters (even optional ones).
Thank you FormR,

Hmm, and this is meant to be progress. :(
2007 had no issue. I must admit I rarely used a parameter, if I did it would be from the immediate window or another block of VBA, hence the default of current workbook.
I am on another computer at present. I will remove and try again when I get back on it, and also check if the others have the same problem.

Upvote 0
I don't believe you have ever been able to add a macro that requires a parameter to the QAT as there isn't a mechanism to pass said parameter.
Hmm, well it seems we might be both correct. :)
I looked on this computer and this version did not have the parameter. So I added it, saved and then went to add to QAT, and sure enough, It was not visible, yet the original icon was still in the QAT and that still works. So if you wanted to do this for some reason (mine has evolved over the years) that would be the way.

1712311989692.png

Thank you for the solution though. When I get back on my laptop, I expect to find this is the cause, and will report back. (y)

Upvote 0
@FormR , you hit the nail on the head. :) I can only assume that I modified the macro after it was added to the QAT.
It now works fine on the QAT and if you readd the parameter (must be optional of course) can use it elsewhere if needed.

Thanks again for pinpointing the issue. I will now check all my other macros.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back