Adding data from cells b/c/d into a the right place in cell A

Alex_spreadsheet

Hello,

I am trying to build html for a series of product pages. To do this I am trying to create a table, with data held in various columns in a spreadsheet.

The data from column b/c/d/e needs to go where the ???? are which is a cell in column A, which I can then insert into the product pages. I would do it manually but there are thousands of products so I wondered if anyone knew a way of using a function to do this?

<table style="width:40%">
<tr>
<td>
<php> echo tep_image('images/XXX', '', 30, 30); </php> <span style="color:#A9A9A9; font-size:18px;"> ?????</span>
</div></td>
<td>
<php> echo tep_image('images/XXX', '', 30, 30); </php> <span style="color:#A9A9A9; font-size:18px;"> ?????</span>
</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</div></td>
<td>
</div></td>
</tr>

I have this data in the columns including height, width, colour etc.

Anyone got an idea?

Thank for your help!
Alex

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Sorry this was the table not sure why it is missing from above!

<table style="width:40%">
<tr>
<td>
</div></td>
<td>
</div></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</div></td>
<td>
</div></td>
</tr>

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,

I am not sure if you want to move all values from b/c/d (or more columns) into the same row of column A, all together (in this case, you can use CONCATENATE function) or just certain of values from all mentioned columns?

Can you please provide more details so I can assist you?

Thanks,
Mirko

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,

I am not sure if you want to move all values from b/c/d (or more columns) into the same row of column A, all together (in this case, you can use CONCATENATE function) or just certain of values from all mentioned columns?

Can you please provide more details so I can assist you?

Thanks,
Mirko

Hi Mirko,

No they need to go into separate parts of the text within the cell - here a simplified version;

<A2>
Row 1 of table Cost: [insert data from cell B2]
Row 2 of table Height: [insert data from cell C2]
Row 3 of table Colour: [insert data from cell D2]
</A2>

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Ok, let me just ask something else before I propose a solution (so we don't go back and forth if I didn't understand everything right):
So you will have a table with inputs (height, weight, color) in columns (thousands of rows) and you want to store the data transposed, as a part of your pre-defined text in column A (second row of inputs will be added to the column B of output)?

Input
2233Red13kg1yrs
1122Blue11kg2yrs
715Black0.7kg0.2yrs

<tbody>
</tbody>

Output
Height 22Height 11Height 7
Width 33Width 22Width 15
Color RedColor BlueColor Black
Weight 13kgWeight 11kgWeight 0.7kg
Age 1yrsAge 2yrsAge 0.2yrs

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have used dummy text in my tables (height, weight, color, width and age), just for a demo. And you wanted data added to the place of text where you mark (with ????? or whichever text you use as a mark)?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Yes that looks like exactly what I want please!

This will then allow me to generate 1 table for each product from the data in column b/c/d/e.

Thanks,
Alex

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back