Adding times using SUM always gives 0

ColDrum

I'm trying to add up a range of times using SUM but I always get the time of 0:00, 00:00, or 00:00:00 etc etc

When I add the cells using + it works perfectly but when using the SUM function it always gives 0.

I've tried searching online for over an hour now and tried lots of different solutions but none have worked.

Can anyone help??

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
=sumproduct(--('shink Lookup'!L:L='CHD Off Phone'!$B20 & "")*(M:M+0))

That doesn't work either - back to giving me 0.
I expanded what you gave me to say:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF('Shrink Lookup'!L:L,'CHD Off Phone'!$B20 & "")* ('Shrink Lookup'!M:M+0))

Upvote 0
I need to get the SUMIF working alongside the SUMPRODUCT.
jamTAY, what you've given me doesn't work - does it not need the 2nd comma to get to the sumrange in the SUMIF function?

Upvote 0
i know, thats why I change it, and changed the range that it was adding, did you try the second post that I added?
=sumproduct(--('Shrink Lookup'!L3:L50000='CHD Off Phone'!$B20 & "")*('Shrink Lookup'!M3:M50000+0))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's great.

Would you elaborate on combining the SumProduct bit with the SumIf bit you have?

The range of times I have are all in column M. I am looking SUMPRODUCT them, if my SUMIF returns true.
I've now had both the SUMIF and the SUMPRODUCT working on their own, but I'm not sure how to combine them.

jamtay - I tried the 2nd version but it doesn't work. I'm not sure where to place the 2nd comman from the SUMIF.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back