Adding times using SUM always gives 0

ColDrum

I'm trying to add up a range of times using SUM but I always get the time of 0:00, 00:00, or 00:00:00 etc etc

When I add the cells using + it works perfectly but when using the SUM function it always gives 0.

I've tried searching online for over an hour now and tried lots of different solutions but none have worked.

Can anyone help??

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
try this
Code:
=sumproduct(--([COLOR=#333333]'Shrink Lookup'!L:L=[/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]'CHD Off Phone'!$B20)*(([/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]'Shrink Lookup'!M:M)+0))[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
But what you are providing does not include a SUMIF, which is the problem I am having.

I only want to use the SUMPRODUCT to add up all the times in column M IF column L in the Shrink Lookup sheets contains what is in $B20 from the CHD Off Phone sheet.

Upvote 0
The range of times I have are all in column M. I am looking SUMPRODUCT them, if my SUMIF returns true.
I've now had both the SUMIF and the SUMPRODUCT working on their own, but I'm not sure how to combine them.

jamtay - I tried the 2nd version but it doesn't work. I'm not sure where to place the 2nd comman from the SUMIF.

I'll venture a guess:

=SUMPRODUCT(--('Shrink Lookup'!L2:L500='CHD Off Phone'!$B20 & ""),'Shrink Lookup'!M2:M500+0)

If this works, try to follow the following recipe:

Select an unused cell.
Copy this cell.
Select the M range with time values.
Activate Paste Special.
Choose the Add option.
Activate OK.

After this recipe, the SumIf formula you already have. That is:

=SUMIF('Shrink Lookup'!L:L,'CHD Off Phone'!$B20 & "",'Shrink Lookup'!M:M)

Upvote 0
You are welcome. Thanks for providing feedback.

I ran into a similar issue. When I run a pivot table, the fields appear 0:00:00. Time on working sheet is formatted as [h]:mm:ss. I changed the pivot table cells to [h]:mm:ss but issue persists.

SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5+0) gives me the correct addition of time but it is too tedious for me to do for the entire sheet.

Upvote 0
I ran into a similar issue. When I run a pivot table, the fields appear 0:00:00. Time on working sheet is formatted as [h]:mm:ss. I changed the pivot table cells to [h]:mm:ss but issue persists.

SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5+0) gives me the correct addition of time but it is too tedious for me to do for the entire sheet.

Run the following procedure on the source data:

Select an unused cell.
Copy this cell.
Select the source data range with time values.
Activate Paste Special.
Choose the Add option.
Activate OK.

Now refresh the pivot table(s). Does this help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back