Adjust time in body of email based on time zone email is opened

288enzo

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Currently I'm using the following in my email:

VBA Code:
    time_am = "<center>" & font_red & "===> Check your local time zone <===<br>" _
        & "10:00 AM -- Eastern Time<br>" _
        & "9:00 AM -- Central Time<br>" _
        & "7:00 AM -- Pacific Time</center></b>" & time_end

What would be outstanding is if I didn't need to break it down and only the start time would show based on the time zone the user opens the email.

Is this even possible?

Thank you,

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
What is your total code for building the email body?

There might be a way to do this with an HTML email body that includes JavaScript, but it won't work if your recipient has their email client configured to read all email as plain text, or does not allow JavaScript to run.

Rich (BB code):
var now = new Date();

That will create a new Date object with the client's local time, which can then be queried to show the local time.

I haven't done this so I can't provide a full-blown solution.

Upvote 0

There might be a way to do this with an HTML email body that includes JavaScript, but it won't work if your recipient has their email client configured to read all email as plain text, or does not allow JavaScript to run.

Rich (BB code):
var now = new Date();

That will create a new Date object with the client's local time, which can then be queried to show the local time.

Thank you. I'll play around with it and see how it goes.

Upvote 0

Rich (BB code):
var now = new Date();

Not knowing how the recipient's client is configured is an issue. Any other way without Java?

Upvote 0
JavaScript, not Java. Two different things.

I don't know if any other way to do this, although I don't know everything there is to know. The email standard is not designed to have active content, so active content is treated based on the capabilities and configuration of the receiving client. There is no guarantee that a given client will support or permit JavaScript, or even HTML. Some people do not like to allow their clients to run active content because of the potential for malware to execute. I don't know of any other way to get active content into an email other than JavaScript in HTML.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back