Advanced Filter multiple criteria

LTSSB

I have a data sheet similar to this. I would like to know what I need to do to create formulas/functions that allow this to happen while running an advanced filter.

Rank(5 Star Rating SystemName(Multiple duplicate names)Tier(Typical letter grade scale)
1Name1
A
1Name2B
2Name1F
3Name1C

<tbody>
</tbody>

I have 3 sheets as follows, "Data",FilterData", "Lists"
Data has data obviously

Filter data has input area(3 data validation drop boxes here), *criteria area(missing formula to make it true to the conditions)*, and extract area(well extract not yet set up due to missing formulas)

Lists has the 3 criteria listed and dynamically named ranges

I have tried looking this up and none of the examples deal with mostly text strings but numbers instead. Am I able to assign an integer to a text string or what is the best way to go about it?

I was able to retain some of what I saw in the manys videos/ tutorials as far as getting to this point( and even after, meaning I am able to set up recorded macro) I just cant seem to grasp what I need to do for the worksheet code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
LTSSB

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
I'm sorry, I forgot to explain what my main/overall goal was. I would like to make a userform that searches "Data" using the criteria to extract the full range of each row item so that I can compare said items. I am also planning on adding a "buffers" input to adjust row cell values accordingly. (This part I have figured out and already have implemented) just waiting to get the proper way to extract and display.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greeshma Ravi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back