Advanced Logic Question - Is It Possible

billybobb

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet with a set of dates and rent charged on certain dates. Rent changes on certain dates, I would like to automate the spreadsheet so I do not have to manually go in and spread out the rent based on the dates. Essentially this is a rent schedule and I want the total rent to populate automatically in each calender year without the need for manual calculations.I need this to populate for 25 years potentially, and the rent may change an unlimited amount of times - is there a way to create a script that can calculate the proper rent?

Thanks

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
I would be very surprised if it was not possible to automate this process.. I don't exactly understand what the object of the game is though..... Maybe you could post some examples with data.

Upvote 0
Yep, can certainly be done !!
but as MrsGKL stated, you'll need to provide some more info.
How is the rent calculated ?
How does the rent increment each year ?
Do you really think you'll own / rent this porperty in 25 years ?
What causes the rent to change ?
How is the workbook laid out ?.............etc,etc.

Upvote 0
Advanced Logic Question - Is It Possible
Advanced logic question?? How to make a rent schedule???

This is totally bizarre.

Don't the moderators of this forum have sufficient oversight and filtering ability to check that titles of posts bear at least some remote connection to the topic?

It's enough to make Aristotle (on whose ideas much of our modern logic is based, even if Bertrand Russell noted that, despite his reputation, Aristotle is full of absurdities, & etc) turn in his grave.

Upvote 0
Mirabeau
That's a tad harsh....the mods here are
1. posters who give of their time freely and can't look at every post. That's why we have step 3
2. I can't imagine how many times a post has had absolutely no bearing on the title representing it.
3. If you have concerns about the original post and it's title.....press the report button

Having said that, I agree with both of you. Firstly, it doesn't appear to be advanced logic, but may be when we have more info, and second I kinda though of an assignment as well.

BUT,if billybobb provides more info, I'm sure we can give the appropriate advice.

We are here to assist, if we don't like the post, we can abstain from it.

Upvote 0
there does seem to be an overtly obvious feeling of 'hypothetical hyperbolae" in the OP.

maybe the advanced logic question is, "is it possible get these guys to do my assignment for me?" at least is has a boolean result.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back