All possible combinations in 7 rows

mtordin

I have 7 rows, each row has the options "Low", "Medium", and "High". I need to combine all 7 rows so for example one possible combination would be "LLLLLLL", then "LLLLLLM", then "LLLLLLH", then "LLLLLML" and so on and so forth. The order does matter because each row represents something different. How could I create a formula to make this work? I have found a formula which combines everything in two rows but I am not an excel expert and I dont know how to expand it to 7 rows. The formula is:

=IF(ROW()-ROW($D$1)+1>COUNTA($A$1:$A$4)*COUNTA($B$1:$B$3),"",INDEX($A$1:$A$4,INT((ROW()-ROW($D$1))/COUNTA($B$1:$B$3)+1))&INDEX($B$1:$B$3,MOD(ROW()-ROW($D$1),COUNTA($B$1:$B$3))+1))

I dont know if this will help but I hope it does. Any help is appreciated thank you!

Please sir , I wish to create the same thing but I want 12 rows with two options, lose(L) and win(L) , examples
Wwwwwwwwwwww,wwwwwwwwwwwL, Lwwwwwwwwwww. How can I do this with the formula given in the previous post for 7 rows ;3 options

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(RIGHT("000000"&MMULT(MOD(INT((ROW()-1)/{1,3,9,27,81,243,729}),3),{1;10;100;1000;10000;100000;1000000}),7),"0","L"),"1","M"),"2","H"
Thanks

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adiadidas

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back