All Sales Within Territory

Andrew_UK

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have a model built for Gap Analysis so that our sales team can compare their customers against others and look for opportunities (by category/product/brand/pack size etc...)

The comparisons are "vs Same Customer Prior Year", "vs Country", and "vs Global".

The "vs Global" measure is easy because it's simply all(Customer[Company Name]), the "Same Customer Prior Year" is easy enough and it just requires fiddling around with the calendar table, the "vs Country" is a tricky one though!! Every Customer has 1 country (but obviously 1 country can have many customers), so when selecting 1 customer you are by default selecting 1 territory.

I'm also able to identify which country that is, I tested the formula =IF(Hasonevalue(Customer[Country Name]),Values(Customer[Country Name]),Blank())

In the instance where I select "Company A" it returns "France" correctly - So I need to build a measure that returns ALL French sales when "Company A" is selected. I've tested and I can do this very easily by insisting that the sales person also select the territory in a separate slicer, but that's extra faff for the end user. Given that it's 1 country per company there must be a way of doing this.

Has anyone else come up against the same? What solutions did you find?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
I dug out some of my books on Power Pivot and built it up slowly from the first principles of everything. I had thought my answer might lie in nesting all within filter but Collie and Singh (Power Pivot and Power BI:The Excel Users Guide to Data Revolution, 2016) describes on page 238 the order of how filters are applied, so I was unable to then have it nested and linking back to the original Measure result. Urghhh

Then I found the answer... Calculate can use a mix of filters AND True/False expressions. So I tested dropping my filter term in as a straight out expression, with the original table function for All and it worked :D

Country Cases:=IF(Hasonevalue(Customer[Country Name]),Calculate(Sum(Analysis[Cases Sold]),All(Customer),Analysis[Country]=VALUES(Customer[Country])),Blank())

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mystic19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back