Any way to replace "IFS" in Excel 2016?

Excel43

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
I have a deadline tomorrow and I need to change the below code to something that works for Excel 2016. Right now I am using the IFS formula, but it is only working in Excel 2019. Is it any way to rewrite below formula below for the 2016 version or am I screwed?

=INDEX(Vikta;SMALL(IF(Vikta[Grupp]=I3;IFS(Vikta[Grupper]=1;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=2;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=3;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=4;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=5;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=6;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=7;ROW(Vikta)-4;Vikta[Grupper]=8;ROW(Vikta)-4));ROW($1:$1));27)

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
yes, you need to write a bunch of nested IFs instead of =IFS.

Upvote 0
Try a UDF (below is untested with your formula)...

VBA Code:
Public Function IFSnew(ParamArray myArgs() As Variant) As Variant
    Dim i As Long
    i = 0
    Do Until CBool(myArgs(i)) Or (i >= UBound(myArgs))
        i = i + 2
    Loop
    If i < UBound(myArgs) Then
        IFSnew = myArgs(i + 1)
    End If
End Function
Book1
ABC
13Yes
Sheet3
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
C1C1=IFSnew(A1=3,"Yes",A1=5,"No",A1=7,"Maybe")

Upvote 0
So I tried this, but it gives me an error, it probably has to do with the parantheses? But I cant seem to find where the error is.. any idea?

VBA Code:
=INDEX(Vikta;SMALL(IF(Vikta[Grupp]=I4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=1;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=2;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=3;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=4;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=5;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=6;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=7;ROW(Vikta)-4;IF(Vikta[Grupper]=8;ROW(Vikta)-4))))))));ROW($1:$1));27)

Upvote 0
Thanks Mark858, but it would be best if it could be solved without vba cause it might be used on the web

Upvote 0
I had a hard time trying to deduce what your table looks like, and didn't really succeed. But your formula compares the same value against 8 integers, and returns the same result. In theory, this should do the same thing, but I haven't been able to test it:

=INDEX(Vikta;SMALL(IF(Vikta[Grupp]=I3;IF(OR(Vikta[Grupper]={1;2;3;4;5;6;7;8}),ROW(Vikta)-4));1);27)

The formula overall doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Perhaps if you explained what it is supposed to, that would help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back