Apply value to multiple cells

Ritz

Board Regular
I need a formula that states if cell F8=3, then K8, P8, U8, Z8, AE8, and AJ8=0 (if F8 is any other number, the other cells are left blank).

I can't write the formula with K8:AJ8, as there are hidden columns in-between with other formulas. HELP?

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Put the formula in each of the individual cells to point to F8. So K8, P8, U8, Z8, AE8, AJ8 will have this formula in it

=if(F8=3,0,"")

Upvote 0
I can't put the formula in the other cells because they are manual entry cells and if F8 isn't 3 -- then the user will be populating the other cells w/the applicable data. I was wanting to put the formula in a totally different column that I could hide.

Upvote 0
The quickest way I can think of is to have another column with the "Final Result", which has a formula that references both the user input column and the F8 value and determines what the result should be.

Upvote 0
Yeah!! I got you, you're my favorite answere guru as I find more helpful posts with your replies!!

F8 is manually entered. Basically I've created a grading worksheet. F8 is the column that captures if the weekly assignment was turned in (i.e., "0" if rec'd by Wed deadline; "1" if multiple pieces rec'd and at least one rec'd by Wed deadline; "2" if rec'd, but after Wed deadline and "3" if not rec'd at all). The other subsequent columns capture different information about the assignment. If no packet is rec'd however, I just want the other columns to auto fill w/a "0."

It's necessary to have something in the other columns, because I have another formula that won't produce a cumulative weekly grade if all 8 of the fields aren't populated (this is because several of the teachers were skipping a couple of the fields).

Upvote 0
Give this a try
Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Column <> 6 Then Exit Sub
If Target.Row < 8 Then Exit Sub
Dim myR As Long
If Target = 3 Then
myR = Target.Row
Cells(myR, "K") = 0
Cells(myR, "P") = 0
Cells(myR, "U") = 0
'etc
End If
End Sub

lenze

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Works like a charm! I knew you'd have the answer. I've still got some reading to do to figure out all of the 'Dim' stuff before I'm anywhere near as bright as you, Lenze. Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back