Approximate pivot table data

LePrimeCasseur

Hi all,

I'm trying to extract data form a pivot table, but =GETPIVOTDATA or =VLOOKUP aren't helping me much.

The pivot table I want to extract from has groups of values on its X axis: in my case I am working on bonds and the headings are: <3 years, 3-6 years, 6-10 years, 10-20 years, 20+ years

The Y axis headings are also groups of values:0-2$mm, 2-5$mm, 5-10$mm, 10-25$mm, 25-50$mm, 50$mm+

Depending on the bond's value and duration, the table gives me a (margin) percentage which is the data I want to use.

Basically, my goal is to not rely on a table to find the percentage: be able to input the value and duration of the bond and have a formula find me the percentage associated to those; I have an entire portfolio of bonds to assert and there's no way I'm squinting at a table for 3 hours to find all of their percentages.

How do I go around doing this, keeping in mind the headers are not fix (ex. 4.5 years) but floating (ex. 3-6 years)?

Thank you in advance!

- A broken down prime broker

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sameri

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back