Array formula trouble

amcmlt

Board Regular
Hello, I am working on developing an array formula that will skip over cells that equal zero or blank. I have two types of products listed in eight lot categories. Lot one is S-Lot and Lot two is H-Lot. Each lot can have four categories. The trouble comes in here. The maximum number of lots is four and could be as low as one. The cells that are shown at zero or blank are being included in the array list as blank cells. I need those blank cells to be eliminated in the array list.

S-Lot 1 25,000
S-Lot 2 25,000
S-Lot 3
S-Lot 4
H-Lot 1 30,000
H-Lot 2 35,000
H-Lot 3
H-Lot 4

What is happening is S-Lot 3 and S-Lot 4 are being included in the formula and the list appears as...

Formula
{=IF($AM$21>=ROWS($AN21:AN21),INDEX($AJ:$AJ,SMALL(IF(LEN($AJ$21:$AJ$30)>=0,ROW($AJ$21:$AJ$30)),ROWS(AN$21:AN22))))}

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
The length of a blank cell is equal to zero so quite rightly shows. Try changing it to >0 instead.

Upvote 0
Thank you for such a quick response. When the change is made from >=0 to >0 the formula drops off S-Lot 1 and lists S-Lot 2 twice.

SORRY - I'm a little slow this morning. I made the correct in the formula back to the correct start cell and all is good. Again thank you!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miahr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back