Auto fill?

cbm550

I need to be able to click on a box and have it fil that box with a check, X, or other fill and have that fill go away if I click on that box again. Can I do that?

That did the trick. Thank you for your help.

I have one more question. I have the last sheet for a narrative and just merged most of the sheet into one big cell and wrapped the text. When I am typing the narrative, the lines go to the bottom of the screen then stops what i can see. I can continue on typing but the box does not scroll with the text like you would have when typing in a word document. Can I have the box scroll with the text?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
That did the trick. Thank you for your help.

I have one more question. I have the last sheet for a narrative and just merged most of the sheet into one big cell and wrapped the text. When I am typing the narrative, the lines go to the bottom of the screen then stops what i can see. I can continue on typing but the box does not scroll with the text like you would have when typing in a word document. Can I have the box scroll with the text?
I'm not sure I really understand exactly what you are saying here, and I don't know just how much text you want to enter, but a few comments I have are:

1. Excel does not lend itself to being a word processor.
2. There are limits to how much will display in a cell.
3. I am not sure why you would merge cells for this. Why not just make a single cell wide and high?
4. Have you considered using multiple cells and just turning off the gridlines from the screen and/or the printed version?
5. Have you investigated putting you text in a Text Box, thereby avoiding the use of cells altogether?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back