Auto-Hyperlink Based On Cell Value

raf061

I want to use a code or formula that automatically hyperlinks cells based on their value.
For example, one file's name may be R-01, and another S-01. When I type R-01, I want it to take me straight to its respective folder on the shared drive by clicking on it, and S-01 to ITS respective folder as well, as they have two different locations.
All the inputs will be in Column A, there will not be any other values I want linked or formatted.
\\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\9\[CELL VALUE ON COL A]\
So it takes me straight to the network folder.
I have 5 different worksheets, which have different names, so they will have different folders.
(e.g.) 1st sheet = \\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\9\[CELL VALUE ON COL A]\
2nd sheet = \\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\999\[CELL VALUE ON COL A]\
3rd sheet = \\1\2\3\4\5\6\7\8\AAA\[CELL VALUE ON COL A]\
Please note, numbers and letters represent folders, it's just easier to do so this way, rather than type the 4-5 words of each folder lol.
We input so much information, that it will add 20+ hours of workload a week just to hyperlink each one of them, and the formula deletes every time you make a new input if you don't know how to do it, and many don't know here where I work.
So I was wondering if there was a way to make it automatic when I type one name.
So you know, the files' name will be C-01 thru C-99, S-01 thru S-99, R-01 thru R-99. That will be the exact file names.

I may be asking a lot, but I have tried formulas, combining them, and still don't come to a solution. I am new to all this, so I'm learning as I go. Still learning how to crawl... lol

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back