Auto Populate Cell "Comment" Content Based on Cell Contents - Possible Lookup

kjspro

Hello Group!

I have a Engineering Project Status spreadsheet. One of the columns contains a project number, which is comprised of the date (yy/mm/dd) and the customer number, like this: 180612-ABC000.

The desired result: I want the customer name to appear when you mouse over the the project number field.

I have the entire customer list in a separate worksheet in the same spreadsheet as a reference for customer code to the correct customer name.

I assume that using "comments" may be the only way to create a mouse over option.

The engineering project list order is random, and it contains multiple lines for some customers. Automating the process of matching up customers names with the customer code in the project number is significantly more efficient and sustainable than trying to manually key in each relevant customer name in the comments sections to match the customer code reference in the project number. Please let me know if I have any options.

Many thanks!

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back