Auto sum data across multiple sheets based on 2 criteria

jakmc25

So i need help with an excel document I've been working on, I've been stuck on this for awhile now. I have 2 things i'm trying to automate but i'm not sure if its possible.

Basically this is used to track income based on client name, type of payment method, ect..

1. What i'm trying to do is on the "Year to Date" sheet i have a client list that i manually update with new clients as i get them.
Q: Is there a way that when a clients name is typed into one of the monthly sheets it will automatically reference this list on the "year to date" sheet and if the name isn't found it will add the name to the list?

2. On the monthly sheets i put how much each client has paid during that visit and also how much they have tipped (some clients come multiple times a month).
Q: On the "Year to Date" sheet i would like to sum up the amount paid and tipped throughout the year based on the clients first and last name.

Any help with this would be greatly!

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Thanks for the reply. But i don't think this function will work in this case. On my summary page i have a list of clients names, next to there names i want to show the amount of money they have spent all year, this way i can quickly compare them.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John4520

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back