AutoFill Cells

st3ffl3sx13

Hello,

I have a worksheet where a user selects from a drop down box a 4 digit number in column F. I need a macro that will correspond the 4 digit number and autofill column J with a name of a server that the 4 digit number corresponds to. I have attached an example of it with this post. The 'request' sheet is what the user inputs. Sheet2 shows what the servers correspond to depending on what 4 digit number is entered. Hopefully this is enough info to assist with my problem.

I know I could use vlookup and drag the formula down, but because the people going to be using this are not very excel saavy, I will make a button to run the macro automatically. Also, there will be times where there are different amounts of rows of data so i would like a loop to run the macro until there is a blank row.

If anyone needs an example, I can email then an example spreadsheet of this since I cannot find a way to post an attachment on here.

Thanks,

-AS

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Welcome to the Board!

If you follow the HTML Maker link in my sig you'll be able to post a shot of your sheet.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I can't access external file sharing sites, but I'm sure someone else will be able to pick up on it.

Upvote 0
Okay, I have it downloaded but could you run me thru the steps on how to generate the html or how I use it in general.. the word document does not suffice for me.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chase S

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back