AutoFill within Table Not Correct

MikeDBMan

A table auto-fills columns but there are columns added after the initial creation of the table that do not automatically contain a formula. How do I get other columns to add the formula? And perhaps I have changed a formula after a while and want the default formula to be different now. How do I make sure the default formula is the correct one I want? TIA!

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
If you use Data Tables, then you only need to enter the formula once, and it should change them for all rows in your table.

If you do not use Data Tables, then as you add new columns, you will either need to autofill the values yourself, or create some VBA to do it.

I have changed a formula after a while and want the default formula to be different now. How do I make sure the default formula is the correct one I want?
I am not sure what you mean here. Is the formula changing part way down the column, or are you wanting to change ALL the formulas in the column?
Whatever formula is in the cell you choose to autofill will be the one that is populated.

Upvote 0
All formulas in a column should be the same but it seems the default auto-fill is a formula I don't even use anymore. But more importantly, some cells do not auto-fill at all. If that would be solved, I would be quite happy. I can't get new columns to autofill at all sometimes.

Upvote 0
What you are describing to me does not sound right.
I think we may need to see your file in order to see what you are talking about.
Can you upload a de-sensitized version of your file to a file sharing site and provide a link to it here?
Then describe a particular situation/example that is not working right so that we can try to replicate the behavior.

Upvote 0
What you are describing to me does not sound right.
I think we may need to see your file in order to see what you are talking about.
Can you upload a de-sensitized version of your file to a file sharing site and provide a link to it here?
Then describe a particular situation/example that is not working right so that we can try to replicate the behavior.
Here is link to the file:

When inserting a new row, columns W, AN and AO do not replicate the formulas?

Upvote 0
Your link to the file needs to be made public ie available to anyone with the link. I can't get to your file.
However, if a table develops inconsistencies in formulas or formatting you need to reapply the formulas or formatting to all rows in that column at the same time.
If your formula columns are all next to each other you can do all the those columns at once.

• Select a row that has the correct formula in it. (select the specific cell or consecutive formula columns)
• Ctrl+C
• Ctrl+spacebar (this will select the whole column or columns in the table range)
• Ctrl+V

Now try and add a row and see if the formula correctly autopopulates.

Upvote 0
Perhaps you may be experiencing this issue that MrExcel himself just made a video about:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fragment

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back