Autofilling Formulas Based on # of Rows to Reduce File Size

3LeggedDog

Board Regular
Hi,
I have a spreadsheet that has the potential to require up to about 7000 rows, although it will, in most instances, require several thousand fewer than that. The issue that I'm running in to is that I have to fill 7000 rows worth of formulas just in case I have that much data. This file is one that I'll be saving a different copy of each day. Is there any way to, based on how many rows actually have data (the basic data is in column A only, so that's easy to compute), do what amounts to an autofill for the rest of the rows?

So, for example, if I have data in $A$1:$A$5653, it would autofill just down to row 5653, and if data was in $A$1:$A$4324, it would autofill to row 4324, etc. The same number of rows would be needed on two different worksheets within the file.

The file is very large, about 250,000 KB, and tends to bog down on our servers. I wouldn't be the one filling out the spreadsheets each day (today is actually my last day), so I'm trying to figure out something that would be very straightforward, and easy to train someone on.

Thanks a lot,
3LD

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back