AutoFilter Based on User Input Selection

shoddy

Hi All

I am trying to write a macro the autofilters based on the user's selection. Here is an example.

Column A Column B
Row 1 Snacks SN1
Row 2 Snacks SN2
Row 3 Clothes CL1
Row 4 Clothes CL2
Row 5 Drinks DR1
Row 6 Drinks DR2

The user would run the macro and a message box/input box would pop up and state "What need would you like to feel" along with a drop down menu or something like that would show "Snacks" "Clothes" "Drinks" The user could then select one or all options, the macro would then copy and paste the result in another spreadsheet. Note - column A could changed from time to time so I couldn't use constants. Please help. Thanks

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
And it's probably too easy to let the user use the AutoFilter built in in Excel?
Why recreating the autofilter again in your VBA-code? It already exists!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Wigi. I probably should have mentioned the macro I have already does quite a lot before it gets to this point and after. I have seen posts where the user can type information into an input box and the macro will filter for example on column A, but couldn't find anything that gives the user options if they don't know what is available in column A. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Wigi. I probably should have mentioned the macro I have already does quite a lot before it gets to this point and after. I have seen posts where the user can type information into an input box and the macro will filter for example on column A, but couldn't find anything that gives the user options if they don't know what is available in column A. Hope this helps.QUOTE]
I should also add that the difference in output can be quite large, my actual file deals with trading activity. Looking at my example, the output file if drinks and snacks are selected might be 500 rows, whereas if there is the no filter the output might be 500,500 rows because of clothes. The user could in the end filter to get the 500 rows, but I want to avoid producing a space consuming file that is 500,500 rows when the user really only wanted 500. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back