automate Excel data-random cells to Access dB table

Mister Wayne

I have an automated (VBA) Excel 2007 sheet to allow employees to enter parts request information.
When they are finished, they click a <SAVE> button which does the following:
1. Saves the file by a specific filename based on user data entered in several cells.
2. Sends me an email with pertinent information so I can process the order.

I would like to add code in the <SAVE> event which would also add a new row in the table of an Access data base (not opened-if possible) and copy specific cells information.
It would always be the same cells, but not necessarily in the same row/column. The database table would always contain the same column information from the same cell.
I.E. "E7" = name; "E8" = user's email address; "E9" = date; "E10" = Customer's name; "E11" = Job number.
I know this example has contiguous cells, but there are more I didn't include and I would like the flexibility of choosing by individual cell as this is a new venture and I may not always have any contiguous cells.

I'm fairly handy using VB code but the concept is foreign. I used the Microsoft CDO object to send the email.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks so much,
Mister Wayne :confused:

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Sergio,

THANKS so much! The link--and subsequent links, are going to help me get this project going!
I am on the work-release plan... When work releases me, I can delve into this project. LOL!

I may come 'calling' again once I start coding if things don't seem to be flowing well.
But, this is certainly a start.

Best wishes to you and thank you again!
Wayne

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
surendra75

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back