Automatically Generate Reminder E-mail Based on Date

Justinian

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet for preventative maintenance items. These items are to occur one a year so if an inspection happens 1/21/20, the next inspection should occur 1/21/21. I also have conditional formatting so that the row containing the maintenance item is highlighted when today's date is within thirty (30) days of the due date. So on 12/21/20, the row with this item will highlight, reminding me that an inspection is due by 1/21/21.

My question is how can I get Excel is automatically generate an e-mail when the conditional formatting highlights this row? Or how can I get Excel to generate an e-mail when an item is within thirty (30) days of its inspection date? So any date between 12/21/20 and 1/20/21 will generate a reminder to do this inspection.

Not sure what vbcrlf is but this code will not run as i get a compile error the second I add "."

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
vbCrLf = visual basic Carriage Return Line Feed

It creates in code the same thing as if you were using a TYPEWRITER.

What do you mean B's ?

I ran the email macro here and it runs perfectly.

?????

Upvote 0
In your code, you added brackets with a B inside at the beginning and end of the line of code.

Upvote 0
I understand what you are saying now. In that post you saw :

.Body = "John," & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "A tower boiler tuning reminder alert has been triggered for the following tower:" & _
vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Tower: " & vbCrLf & "Last Tuning Date: " & vbCrLf & "Tuning Deadline Date: " & vbCrLf & _

This ......................................................................................................................................................................................................... And this
are leftovers from the FORUM SERVER applying HTML CODE to the macro. It is HTML for 'Make This Bold'.

Disregard those altogether. The line of code should be identical to the code you have in your Post #9, highlighted in
BOLD TEXT.

vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Tower: " & vbCrLf & "Last Tuning Date: " & vbCrLf & "Tuning Deadline Date: " & vbCrLf & _

Upvote 0
This code does not bold anthing:

Upvote 0
Forget the BOLD. Disregard the BOLD. The BOLD has nothing to do with the code.

Now ....

This macro works as is :

VBA Code:
Option Explicit

Sub Tony_Henry_Email()

' Send e-mail to Tony
Dim OutlookApp As Object
Dim OutlookMail As Object
Set OutlookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutlookMail = OutlookApp.CreateItem(0)
On Error Resume Next
With OutlookMail
.To = "john.smith@aol.com"
.Subject = "Tower Boiler Tuning Reminder"
.Body = "John," & vbLf & vbLf & "A tower boiler tuning reminder alert has been triggered for the following tower:" & _
vbLf & vbLf & "Tower: " & vbLf & "Last Tuning Date: " & vbLf & "Tuning Deadline Date: " & vbLf & _
.Display ' Use .Send to skip e-mail display
End With
Set OutlookMail = Nothing
Set OutlookApp = Nothing
End Sub

What changes if any are required ?

Download working file : Email MrExcel.xlsb

Upvote 0
I must not have explained myself correctly. When I run the code, an Outlook e-mails opens and in the body, it shows like this:

John,

A tower boiler tuning reminder alert has been triggered for the following tower:

Tower:
Last Tuning Date:
Tuning Deadline Date:

What I want to do is to have "Tower", "Last Tuning Date", and "Tuning Deadline Date" appear on bold in the e-mail so they stand out.

Upvote 0
I am not sure why Option Explicit is on tis code. Forgive me as I do not know what that means when added to my code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back