Average if across sheets

andgoal

To the Bionic Excel Guru in the House,

Case Scenario: On each day Monday-Saturday, each car dealer employee turns in a daily sales report on each car sale they had on that given day.

For example: AgentX had 3 sales on Monday, 5 sales on Tuesday, 0 sales on Wednesday, etc. If the employee turns in the daily report for that day his name will be chosen in a drop down list in sheets 1-5 respectively (Column A) then the dollar amount for each sale (Column D). Agent X can have many or zero rows in each sheet.

In a nut shell: Sum the dollar amount for each car sale by employee by day then calculate the average dollar amount in a summary cell.

I have a drop down list of employee names on each sheet (Column A).

Sheet 1 = Monday
Sheet 2 = Tuesday
Sheet 3 = Wednesday
Sheet 4 = Thursday
Sheet 5 = Friday
Sheet 5 = Saturday
Sheet 6 = Admin (Summary page where I want the formula to be calculated for each employee. The employee names are static in Column A).

Sheet names (mon-sat) are listed in the 'Admin' page B2:B7

I was able to cook up a formula, but it's only averaging the data input for Monday, and not the other Days. Please help!

Here is what I have:
=IFERROR(AVERAGEIF(INDIRECT("'"&Admin!$B$2:$B$7&"'!A2:A150"),"Agent X",INDIRECT("'"&Admin!$B$2:$B$7&"'!D2:D150")),0)

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&Admin!$B$2:$B$7&"'!A2:A150"),"Agent X",INDIRECT("'"&Admin!$B$2:$B$7&"'!D2:D150")))/SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&Admin!$B$2:$B$7&"'!A2:A150"),"Agent X"))

Regards

Upvote 0
You are a life saver XOR LX! Worked like a charm!

Side note: Any idea how can I copy down the formula and modify the agent name in each cell. Currently if I update the formula in one cell, it updates them all to the same agent?

Upvote 0
You are a life saver XOR LX! Worked like a charm!

Side note: Any idea how can I copy down the formula and modify the agent name in each cell. Currently if I update the formula in one cell, it updates them all to the same agent?

Upvote 0
Nvm, I got it. I just clicked on the little thunder bolt icon on the cell and selected to stop auto calculating all cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back