Bar and Line Graph Combined

bfeller

This doesn't seem to be your typical bar and line graph combination and I seem to be having trouble getting it to graph correctly.

I want to chart annual sales and sales prices for multiple counties on a per county basis. For example, I have Clark County with 1,234 sales in 2002 with a median price of $100,000. In 2003 I have 2,345 sales with a median price of $150,000. We have about 10 years of data for each county and about 8 counties and we would like to chart all on the same graph. As mentioned, we would like to look at the data per county, not per year. In other words, the X axis will be the county while the Y axes will be sales and price. It goes County 1 (years 1-8), county 2 (years 1-8), and so on. We can get the bar graph to work fine on the per county basis, however, the line graph wants to utilize the full X axis for its range, but we want the data points to be in relation with the bar graph for the same period.

Sorry it's so confusing. Not quite sure how to make it more clear but I will be more than happy to answer questions. Thanks.

Brian

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Did you look at the Custom Type - Line-Column on 2 Axes? I use this one frequently although based on your description, you'll have to do some calculation beyond a simple pivot table to get graphable results.

post again to know if this helps or if you need more help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cyko

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back