Board wish list

Hi Mark 858

never get logged out (except when there are technical issues with the board) and I am normally always logged in once I have turned my computer on whether posting or not, so sometimes 14 hours if the weekend...

... strangely that is how it works for me at the other forums as well. Just at MrExcel I have problems ( Maybe someone is trying subtly to tell me something.. like #### - off. Would not be the first time! )

……As for your P.S. I'll pm you later as I don't normally give suggestions on posting non-copyable images on the board.

Thanks.
Alan

Last edited:
Like I said if the "Remember me" button is checked then you shouldn't be getting logged out, if this continues to happen I'd email the Admin (the Admin and not a Moderator) and ask them to just check that the board software isn't having any issues with your IP address.

Last edited:
......I'd email the Admin (the Admin and not a Moderator) and ask them to just check that the board software ..........

Thanks....

we have a lot of problems the telephone lines here, breaking down when it snows to much.. could be that .. but no big problem

Alan
Baveria

lot of problems the telephone lines here, breaking down when it snows to much.. could be that

What makes you think that if the below quote is correct :confused:

... strangely that is how it works for me at the other forums as well. Just at MrExcel I have problems

What makes you think that if the below quote is correct :confused:

good point..
....I was just thinking .. maybe the first time I ever logged in with the others I just used the small boxes up there?. Can't remember.

. I will log - in in Mr Excel up there for a bit and see if that makes any difference.
. Thanks for all you help

As for your P.S. I'll pm you later as I don't normally give suggestions on posting non-copyable images on the board.

Mark,
. Sorry to waste your time….and contacting you here...... But I tried a PM and your PM In Box is full
. I just saw at second look that I have an option in what you sugessted to get a HTML Link.
. I posted that in The MrExcel editor (which I know supports HTML) and … GOT IT
. Problem solved…The thing you suggested over PM was the bit hat eventually did it ..
Thanks
. – Sorry I am a bit slow these days at getting the point
Alan.

_ Increased edit Time.

_ One thing I find particularly frustrating is the 10 minute Editing time at Mr Excel.
_ Some Threads have indirectly discussed this before, a few I found
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/859781-i-cant-delete-thread-comments.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/815954-session-timeout-forum.html
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-...p-question-clarification-opinions-please.html

_ I do feel that it is very good to have a limit to Prevent Wild alterations at a later date, something That I have experienced elsewhere. However, like many people I guess, I often find after a of a longer period of time, after maybe taking a break, It dawns on me a mistake i made or, more importantly, a much better solution or better way to explain something.

_ Posting a Reply with
_ EDIT:........

Can be a solution but
_1) For a new thread it removes the chance of the Thread being picked up as a Zero Reply Thread
_ and
_ 2) It clutters up the Thread a bit.
_
_ My suggestion would be a 2 – 3 Hour limit. I think that would catch 90% of the “After – Thoughts”. It would certainly help me improve some of my Posts that I often do not get right first time around. ( or realise myself i have rambled too much... )

_ Alan

I don't see that happening. It can actually lead to more confusion and muddling. Say someone replies to the original question, but then the OP goes back and changes the original question, so that the reply doesn't make any sense.

Also, I think that would only encourage sloppiness. If people knew that they had 2-3 hours to edit original post, they may not take the time and effort to craft a well thought-out question.
It reminds me of an old saying "Measure twice, cut once!". In another words, take the time to post a good question in the first place. You can always reply back with clarifications.

then the OP goes back and changes the original question, so that the reply doesn't make any sense.

Used to see that a lot on a social media site, the flaming that went on where the OP, changed their statement to be contrary to the following comment, and then pleaded victim

Used to see that a lot on a social media site, the flaming that went on where the OP, changed their statement to be contrary ......

_ The point about the OP misusing the Edit from you here, and Joe4 before, is very valid. I have seen and been victim of that. That can happen fairly quickly I guess at a social media site
_ Usually, at a Forum such as this I have seen that happen though at a longer period. That is why I suggested the 2 -3 hours. I have rarely seen any change other than positive ones, Typos, corrections etc. in that time

_ One could argue I suppose like being allowed to make a signature, the allowed editing time could be increased t some point. But as always I appreciate, as always that is extra / work and complication.
Just a suggestion.

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tanne

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back