bored question: where is my signature button?

zploek

this is about this board, i can't seem to find a way to make a signature. I can only see the option to switch it on or off, but not a way to add or edit it.

pls hlp

Click on User CP, then in Settings and Options, click Edit Signature

Denis

PS. sorry, this seems to be in the wrong section, i'd meant for it to go into "Other"
If it were that easy, i'd've found it.
This is what it all looks like:

<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="thead">Settings & Options</td></tr> <tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">Edit Avatar</td></tr> <tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">Edit Email & Password</td></tr> <tr><td class="alt1" nowrap="nowrap">Edit Options</td></tr> <tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">Edit Ignore List</td></tr> <tr> <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap"> Private Messages
menu_open.gif
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Folders</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vbmenu_option">Inbox</td> </tr><tr> <td class="vbmenu_option">Sent Items</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
</td> </tr> <tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">List Messages</td></tr> <tr><td class="alt2" nowrap="nowrap">Send New Message</td></tr></tbody></table>
I naturally assumed that it would be under Edit options, but alas ....no dice. it really IS true, assume makes an a$5 outta u and me....

any ideas?

Last edited:
I remember now. Once you have a few posts under your belt (and are no longer classified as as New Member) you'll be able to create a signature. It's been removed for new members to put the brakes on a fairly widespread spamming technique, so hang in there... you'll get the option.

Denis

okay, I thought i did something bad!!

how many is a few posts?

Yes, it is 50. This was done to help control Spam (one popular method of Spammers is to create new accounts, place Spam in the signature, and reply to threads with meaningless posts).

oaaoao mai gawd??? 50!!!!!
not a few....

was that somewhere in the fAq? dont think so. so, it might be an idea to put '50' in there.

in the mean time, could you guys check out my other post about Access databases, i also posted it in the wrong section by accident! sorry.

Last edited:
in the mean time, could you guys check out my other post about Access databases, i also posted it in the wrong section by accident! sorry.
For future reference, if you go to the thread, and click on the "Report" button, and tell the Mods what needs to be done, it will send the Modertators the request along with a link to the exact post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back