Calculating values by date range

jamie1976

Hi all

I have a spreadsheet where I have a sales forecast by both annual and quarterly breakdowns. Where I have a start date quoted, unless it is at the start of the quarter, I don't get an accurate figure in the Q1/2/3/4 columns.

Example - Correct result (manually obtained)
Part A - Agreed expected start date Jan-19 - Quarterly sales £3750 - Q1 19 = £3750 (3 months of sales)
Part B - Agreed expected start date Feb-19 - Quarterly sales £18000 - Q1 19 = £12000 (2 months)
Part C - Agreed expected start date June-19 - Quarterly sales £12000 - Q2 19 = £4000 (1 month)

Example - Incorrect formula currently used =IF((AG$4>=$S7)*AND(AG$4<$T7),$Y7,0)
Part A - Agreed expected start date Jan-19 - Quarterly sales £3750 - Q1 19 = £3750
Part B - Agreed expected start date Feb-19 - Quarterly sales £18000 - Q1 19 = I either get - or £18000 (depending on date method used in cell AG4, AH4, AI4 etc.)

I have shared the sheet below, any help you could offer on this would be really appreciated. I have the following formula in the date cell (AG4) =IF((AG$4>=$S7)*AND(AG$4<$T7),$Y7,0) and then just a date in the other cells adjacent to it, this does effect whether a value appears below in the Q1-Q4 cells
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R7oBmnQE372gf6UBdz_Hd_2dWHRvtIqz

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi Jamie

If you post some sample data in the forum, your google drive link is broken.

Upvote 0
Hi Jamie,

I'm not completely sure what you need - your formula is testing is IF(Agreed expected date & expected finish date is before or after 1 date in AG4 for Quarter 1),Quarterly sales,0).

If you need to test any Agreed start date during each Quarter you could do your setup like this? This will allocate the Est. sales to the correct Quarter;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vui4ruvn8mx14nk/Excel - Sales query_JP.xlsx?dl=0

**Make sure to check that the start and finish dates in AG4 & AG5 columns are correct quarter date periods.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dsharae57

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back