Calculation of Incentive/Disincentive Macro-Worksheet

dvargas2000

Hi,

I was wondering if somebody could guide me with this problem I have. I am trying to create a worksheet to calculate an incentive/disincentive. Essentially it is like this: I have a vendor that I want to incentivize/disincentivize for finishing a project according to a deadline (12/4/2014). e.g. the total cost is 400,000. I want to pay the vendor X% (let's say $750) per day more, if he finishes sooner than the 12/4/2014 cut off date. I would like to taper it off as it comes closer to that cut off date. So say $50 dollars off every 3 days that he doesn't finish earlier. So the earlier he finishes, he gets 750 per day earlier. Every week, it falls to 700, then 650, and so on. I would also like to do this as a disincentive if he takes longer to finish the project, but in reverse. He gets $100 taken every 3 days he goes over, and then $200 the next week, and so on. Is there a way to do this using macros in a worksheet? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeshw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back