Calculations using Pivot Table data...

ExcelUser64

I'm a reasonably new user of Pivot Tables, but appear to have stumped other experts at work with this problem. I have the following sample data in the first three columns and the Pivot Table to the right of it as follows:

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody></tbody>
NameTaskStatusCount of TaskColumn Labels
JohnTask 1DoneRow LabelsDoneMissWIPGrand Total
ChrisTask 2MissJohn213
LukeTask 3MissLuke213
TomTask 4DoneChris1113
JohnTask 5DoneTom1113
ChrisTask 6WIPGrand Total45312
LukeTask 7WIP
TomTask 8Miss
JohnTask 9Miss
ChrisTask 10Done
LukeTask 11Miss
TomTask 12WIP

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

What I need to do is add the number of tasks that were either Missed or WIP and divide that number by the Grand Total. Near as I can tell, this means that for each user, I need to somehow 'identify' the data that I want to use for the above calculation from within the Pivot Table.

So, how do I pick the appropriate data, add it, and then divide by another value? This, of course, would go into a new calculated field within the Pivot Table (say, "IncompleteWork").

Thanks!

One final question. Is there a way to show just the PPC colums as a percentage of the total and leave the others as raw data?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Not really, unless you have Power Pivot. You could simply duplicate the fields and then hide the columns for the ones you don't want visible, though that's messy.

Upvote 0
Really? You can duplicate the fields in the Pivot Table?
How do I place a second instance of 'Count of Task' in the Pivot Table's 'Values' field?

Upvote 0
Just drag the field in again.

Upvote 0
Tried that - I had to delete the 'Calculated Item' first, then could drag in a second copy. However, when I then tried to re-add the Calculated Item, it wouldn't do it (Multiple Data Fields of the same field aren't supported with Calculated Items). Oh well.

Fortunately, the prior advice gets me what I need - so thanks again!

Upvote 0
Ah yes! That's actually one of the reasons that calculated items are rarely useful, so I should have remembered that really!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tungnmqn90

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back