Can a Data Table Input Trigger a Macro?

venga

I have a macro set to run every time cell B6 changes (specifically, the macro uses "On.Entry" to run a Goal Seek every time B6 changes). I also have a data table with B6 as the "input" cell. But the data table outputs do not reflect the Goal Seek results of the macro that would run if cell B6 were changed to the respective input values. In other words, I want Excel to treat the data table inputs as if a user entered those inputs into cell B6, triggering the macro, so that the data table outputs reflect the goal seek having run.

To illustrate -- let's say that, when cell B6 is changed to the number 1, the goal seek function causes cell C1 to contain the letter "A", if B6=2, C1="B", and if B6=3, C1="C". And let's say the data table should show what C1 would equal if B6 were 1, 2 or 3. What happens is that the data table reflects only what the worksheet *currently* shows for cell C1. That is, if I enter 2 into cell B6, the data table shows that cell C1="B" for all three of the B6 input possibilities (1, 2 and 3), instead of showing "A", "B" and "C", respectively.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Explain how you've set up your data table.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply. It is a very simple one-variable data table. Using my example, the "row input cell" is B6, the variable inputs are 1, 2 and 3, and the formula is C1.

Upvote 0
Hi Venga,
I have exactly the same problem...
If anyone has a solution or work-around that would be much appreciated!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excel Master

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back