Can Excel choose the highest value between variables between defined tables (challeging)

Neo4u

Hi Guys,

I am dealing with a tremendous issue and I am walking with this idea for months and it is quite challenging also. Oke here is the deal, it is about Math and Finance.

Suppose I have three Real Estates A,B and C. See inserted picture for the table:
15poink.jpg

If I buy 1 Real Estate A I can buy it for $1,000 and get an periodic income of $100. So my ROI (Return On investment) is (monthly income/Purchase price) = 10% and if I buy a second Real Estate Type A than the purchase price becomes
$ 1,100 and the income stays fixed for Real Estate namely $100, so the ROI becomes than 9,1% and so on..the same goes for the other Real Estate B en C.

The Case is the following, let say I got an Investment budget of $10,000 I want to invest that into the Real Estate with the highest possible Income, can Excel tell me eventually you have to buy 5 Real Estate A en 1 Real Estate C (marked in table in blue) for the optimal ROI.

Here are some statistics for this given issue:

Total Cost Real Estate Investment A = 1,000 + 1,100 + 1,200 + 1,300 + 1,400 = $ 6,000
Total Cost Real Estate Investment C = 4,000 + = $ 4,000

Total Investment Cost= $ 10,000

Total Income Real Estate A = 5 * 100 = $ 500
Total Income Real Estate C = 1 * 300 = $ 300

Total Income = $ 800

So my Overall ROI becomes= Total Income/ Total Invesment Cost = $800/$10,000 = 8%

Note: The prices of the real estate is a linear function: Cost A(n) = Initial price + 10% *initial price * (n-1)

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Thank you Paddydive for the comments :), i have taken your advice and these are cool features, but i think that it will not work with those: Or i may overlook something.. So what i did, I tried to make another approach on how to get the problem more clearer.

see the excel file below:

263tvyc.jpg

So this is the first thing he must do,
Step 1: Fill in the amount you want to invest in to get the optimal ROI by investing in Real Estate A en B
Step 2: Determine which ones have the highest ROI value and what is the next highest ROI Value and so on...till you run out of your investment money
Step 3: The Real Estate's has been identified and from that you can calculate the total price and other calculations
Step 4: Summerise in clear language you need to buy x Real Estate A en y Real estate B

In this example i need 5 Real Estate Type A buildings and 1 Real Estate type B building:

Now when i have more cash, I want to invest again and buy more buildings so I will fill in again my investment amount of let's say $11,000:

See herebelow

2mhj4hl.jpg

Now the tricky part:

Step 1: Ignore the already used entries from the table (marked in red)
step 2: determine the highest ROI value in from both the tables (Real estate A en Real estate B)
etc..
So in this case he also have to remember what i have bought and somehow keep that in mind.

Hope this gets a bit clearer what my problem is...hope to get some input on this...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back