Can you use Vlookup to copy and paste?

crazybuckeyeguy

So in this report I am using I have created a template that is for pasting raw data. then I have a mast sheet that is sorted into columns as the table below. I am trying to write a vba that uses either vlookup like this: =VLOOKUP(B3,Calls!A:C,3,FALSE) for the aht and the column changes based on the acw. Im trying to have the data copy and paste in stead of the vlookup because I will need to keep adding onto the data. when AHT for 7.22 is full I will need the data to post in 7.29 in AHT and this will continue on forever. Any helpful ideas?

IDNameAHTACWADHAHTACWADH
Test

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Can you clarify a little better what you are trying to do? You have a "master sheet" that is sorted into columns ( as displayed). For the "AHT" column you want a vlookup to look for "Test" in a sheet called "Calls" Columns A:C and return the first value in column "C" it finds?

Vlookup searches for the first instance(Column A) and returns that value. It sounds like you perhaps are trying culminate many values that will have the criteria of "Test". Vlookup wont do that. What do you mean by "AHT for 7.22 is full"? You have at least 65K rows and up to over a million. Are 7.22 and 7.29, dates?

Upvote 0
Can you clarify a little better what you are trying to do? You have a "master sheet" that is sorted into columns ( as displayed). For the "AHT" column you want a vlookup to look for "Test" in a sheet called "Calls" Columns A:C and return the first value in column "C" it finds?

Yes

Vlookup searches for the first instance(Column A) and returns that value. It sounds like you perhaps are trying culminate many values that will have the criteria of "Test". Vlookup wont do that. What do you mean by "AHT for 7.22 is full"? You have at least 65K rows and up to over a million. Are 7.22 and 7.29, dates?
I guess the idea of the lookup is what I want. I want the formula to search by name and then copy and past the value associated with the header and the name.
I am looking for the VBA to copy and paste in column c and if there is no data just put N/A like the vlookup will do. then in a week we have to upload the next week of stats and run the VBA again but this time put AHT in column F and so on. This is only because we are storing month of data in this mast and then using other sheets with a vlookup to show those values. Does this help?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBFrieds

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back