Cannot find 0's or blank cells

lisaspencer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I've got a column with formulas all the way down. The values end up being accounting figures. Some have figures, some are £0.00. I want to 'find' all the 0's so I can quickly delete them from the list. But I've tried every way on the 'Find' method and the 'Go to special' method and it either lists the digit '0' which appears in figures such as "£12.90", or it highlights them all because I've likely put in the wrong digit. Screenshots below to show. I've tried every option of 'match case' or 'match entire cell contents' and both at the same time, and i've tried no formatting and all versions of formatting using currency, accounting, general, number etc. Not sure why it won't find the blank or 0 cells even though it is using a formula

1695819004690.png
1695819045144.png

1695819073138.png

1695819081636.png

Attachments

• 1695818972476.png
    1695818972476.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 6
It's an odd one. If the format is currency you can use £0.00 in the find what box & it works, but can't remember what you need to type for accounting.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Did you see what Fluff said?
Let's confirm that is what is going on in your case.

If you temporarily try changing the format of that column's cells from Accounting to General, does your FIND work then?

Upvote 0
Yeah i've changed the format back to general and its found them perfect. Thats bad design from excel if they won't allow it to be found for accounting. Thanks for the help anyways! If you happen to remember it, let us know!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back