Cant seem to figure this out.

pablotravel

Okay here I go, and please give me pretty detailed instructions if you can, because I am very new to conditional formatting. So I have an excel spreadsheet that I need to check for errors before I send to a client of mine. On this spread sheet I have a row of cells that has car companies in it, like National. Then I have another row of cells that says either preffered booked, or preffered not offered(they correspond to the car company). So I need in the cells with the preffered not offered, and preffred booked, to be flagged if they dont meet a certain criteria. Lets say the cells with the status are Q, and the car company is row G. For example: If G2 is Enterprise I need cell Q2 (the corresponding cell) to say preffered booked. If it is not preffered booked I want it to be highlighted in a light red color. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks:)

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
you explanation was "all over the place." For example, which is it?

G2 is Enterprise I need cell Q2 (the corresponding cell) to say preffered booked. If it is not preffered booked I want it to be highlighted in a light red color

Does Q2 "need" to be always display "preferred booked" when G2 has Enterprise or are there cases when it can be blank?

Also, you mentioned the need to meet certain criteria but make no exact mention what that criteria is. After reading your post 5 times, I wonder if all you are asking is: "if a cell in column G is populated and the corresponding cell in column Q is blank, make it red."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back