Cells VBA Function

JJJ55

I have just got a new version of excel and the cells property in VBA no longer works and I am shown the following error message. "Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment".

This happens even when writing the simplest code.

Are there settings that need to be changed?

Thank you both. Finally what would you recommend is the best resource for learning VBA comprehensively?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
having coded for 30+ years I have found that it is good practise to be consistent in approach and leave readable code for those that follow. good coding has enabled me to continue learning new languages and keep up in an ever changing IT world.

as I said before. declaring your sheet will make no difference if you never change the active sheet. lets say you start a second sheet for some reason and don't switch back before running your code, you get data overwritten without warning and unreliable results.

Upvote 0
JJJ:
I wish I could answer your question but I have no good answer for you. Your simple script works fine on my computer. Maybe someone else here at Mr. Excel will be able to help you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAKLAM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back