Change calculated column formula in table

Keegan4123

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a large table, 30000 plus rows, previously we had a different calculation in the column and I have changed it to a new one. all is working well, except for when i create a new row, the table automatically fills the new row with the old formula, and it's broken. I have tried clearing all out, and autofilling with the new one, but even then every time a new row is added the old formula is being used.

Edit: I should note, all rows with the new formula are throwing a flag, for inconsistent calculated column formula

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Do you some of your rows filtered?
no rows filtered, but I think I figured it out. I was overwriting the previous formula with the new one. I had to actually clear out every cell then reenter the new formula, seems to be working now.

Upvote 0
no rows filtered, but I think I figured it out. I was overwriting the previous formula with the new one. I had to actually clear out every cell then reenter the new formula, seems to be working now.
The table can get confused if you have inconsistent formulas in the table.
Normally you can fix it by
• going to the cell that has the correct formula.
• Copy / Ctrl+C
• Hover over the column heading until you get a black downward pointing table, left click and it should select all the rows in that column/
(You can also use Ctrl+Spacebar)
• Paste / Ctrl+V
This will normally fix the issue so that the table recognises the new formula as being the one to use for all rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grantrob

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back