Change Dropdown selection in one dropdown after the selection in an other dropdown has been changed

Nadine1988

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

so first of all - this is not about dependent dropdown lists - The dropdown lists in my excel file are already dependent from each other. What I would like to know if it's possible to automatically change what is set in one dropdown when changing something in an other one.
So for example: If in Dropdown list 1 the selection is changed to "Standalone", Dropdown list 2 needs to be changed to "Standalone" too (there's no other selection in dropdown 2 in this case). Is this somehow possible?

Thanks for your assistance :)
Nadine

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
@Nadine1988 Are you meaning something like below?

Book1
ABCDEFGHIJKL
1ONETwoDDOneTwoListHelpDDTwo
2Stand alone1-111222-1Stand alone
31-112222-2
41-113222-3
5Stand alone
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
L2L2=IF(A2="Stand alone","Stand alone",K2:K4)
Cells with Data Validation
CellAllowCriteria
A2List=DDOne
C2List=DDTwo

Upvote 0
hello,

I'm sure this will work but I do have a huge amount of date and I can't put this in one If formula within every dropdown. So to summarize:
Main Dropdown is located in field C33 - There are two dependent Dropdown list in C35 and C46- So if you change C33 after you've changed C35 or C46 i would like the dropdown list in C35 and C46 to adjust automatically to "_Please choose" (which is part of the data list)
Additionally I have 3 dropdown lists each depending on C35 and C46 - (C35: C37, C39 and C41 / C46: C48, C50 and C52) - so if you change C35 and / or C46 the related dropdowns needs to adjust automatically to "_Please choose" again.

and then again. I do have an other dropdown in Field C59 - dependent on the dropdown in C57 and three dropdowns in C61, C63 and C65 depending on the dropdown in C59

I hope this is not too confusing and someone can help me with the code here. I actually don't have any idea and can't find anything when googleing ;)

Thanks
Nadine

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent Khandagale

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back