Change Pivot Table Captions

mth

Hello everybody!

I have problem with changing multiple captions on pivot table.

I am useing olap cube and I want to update all my "product code" captions on pivot table. Can it be done with VBA code?

I have old code-new code table and i want to replace the old code captions with new ones, copy paste does not work on pivot tables, and formulas are allso not available, but is there a way to change the captions with VBA code?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
You can overtype the entries, so presumably you could loop around the cells containing product codes in your pivot table, use the VLookup WorksheetFunction to get the new code and set the cell's value to that. It may not be possible with an OLAP source though - I don't have one to test.

Upvote 0
vlookup is my friend, but it does not work on olap cubes, since you can not enter formulas to olap cube rows, you can only retype the caption. is there a way to change the caption with vba script?

Upvote 0
I didn't say put a formula in the pivot table. Use VLookup in VBA to assign the new value to a variable. Then assign the value of that variable to the cell whose value you looked up.

Upvote 0
I have problem with assigning the value to pivot table caption, cant find the right code for it. I used vlookup to get the "new product code" to row B. So now I have pivot table on row A with old codes, and excel table with new codes and I need to copy value from B2 to A2 caption, B3 to A3 etc. I tried to record my macro using relative referenes and thats what I got:

Sub Macro2()
'
' Macro2 Macro
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+q
'
ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "NEW_CODE"
ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1).Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields("[Toode].[No].[No]"). _
PivotItems("[Toode].[No].&[OLD_CODE]").Caption = _
"NEW_CODE"
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select
End Sub

What should I change here if I want to change all the captions?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you were to put a VLOOKUP formula in a cell outside the pivot table what would it look like? And what would the Caption that you are looking up be? I have to ask these questions because I am unfamiliar with OLAP pivot tables.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back